Posts Tagged ‘LOLfriday’
Hurray for Fridays! I’m in such desperate need for a weekend. It’s been one of those weeks where I can hardly drag myself out of bed, and then it’s go go go until bedtime. Yiish. It’s a bad sign when I have 2 cups of coffee at home and then grab another one on my way to the office. And then another one at lunch. Mommy’s medicine, I like to call it.
Anyway, it’s practically the weekend now, and the last thing I need to be obsessing over is my little addiction or my insane week at work. A lot of stuff has been going on.
- Just in case you didn’t already know waaaay too much info about my life, there’s an interview of me in the October issue of the Nontheist Nexus Zine. (Shout out to Steve Wells. Your site is the most entertaining thing on the web, sir.)
- How about that McPain-Failin’ campaign, huh? I can’t remember where I read this, and I’m paraphrasing: if you have to remind people that Obama’s black, things are not going well for you.
- I’m pretty psyched to see what Tina Fey dishes out tomorrow.
- This Salon.com article was a pretty interesting read. Call me ig’nant, but I thought secessionists went the way of the dodo bird a long time ago. (Neo-confederates? Adam and Steve? Seriously?)
- Speaking of elections, I just found out that my parents are voting for Nader this year. Nader! My dad said, “Obama’s a little too conservative for me, but I’d rather have him win than McStupid.” I could have died. The good news is that they live in a solidly Obama state, and their vote won’t make a difference anyway. …wait, is that good news? Either way, my parents are getting kind of awesome now that their babies have grown up and moved away.
Want to read about my doctor’s appointment? Sure you do!
Then again, when’s the Big Guy not pissed?
I totally blew off last week’s LOLmuslim. I’m a jerk, but I have a good excuse. I’ve been working 12 hour days for the past 2 weeks. Big project, important client, deadline, etc. You know the drill. There hasn’t been much time for anything but sleep, but I still managed to get a couple of posts up. I’d pat myself on the back, but I’m too fucking tired. I’d get KafirBoy to do it for me, but I haven’t seen him for more than 5 seconds at a time for a few days. He’s working crazy hours, too. Yay!
Anyway, I’m making it up to you by having 2 LOLmuslims this week. Enjoy:
Props to Michael for finding that picture.
I couldn’t resist. Oz emailed me this screen grab of my Atheist Nexus page. Check out the banner ad:
Oz, I couldn’t find your page on the Nexus and I couldn’t find a blog either. Feel free to throw those links up, dude. And thanks for sending that my way.
In other news, I can add one more thing to the list of pork products I’ve tried:
- Pork chops
- Bratwurst — a fancy schmancy hot dog!
The verdict? Delicious. I’m trying the cheese-filled ones the next time I visit Wisconsin.
Next post coming up shortly, I promise. Sit tight!