Just an update this time.
I realized today that I totally skipped over last Friday’s LOLmuslim / update thingy. And I also have to skip over today’s. Doh! I’m sorry. I suck. There’s been a lot going on in my life and, honestly, it hasn’t all been good.
Get this shit. My awesome boss got laid off for totally cold, political reasons, and my “new” boss is the one guy I can’t stand working under. He’s kind of a total jerkoff. You like how I threw in that “kind of” to soften that up a little? It did nothing. It’s useless. Just like my new boss. He’s one of those manic depressive types, and he totally gets off on stress, pressure and working weekends. So yeah. Things have been kind of scary at work.
And there’s this other thing, too. I kept this under tight wraps: I’m leaving tomorrow to spend a week in Pakistan. I have family obligations. Boo! Hiss! It’s not all bad, though. I’m looking forward to the following, in no particular order:
- The food. Oh em gee, the food.
- Duty free (liquor!) shopping. On the way back, of course. I shudder to think what kind of bribes I’d have to hand out to get a bottle of rum into Muslimland.
- Missing KafirBoy, KafirDog and KafirCat, and having them miss me. Especially that KafirBoy* character. I don’t know what he’ll do for 7 days without my shenanigans. I’ll have to double up in the week after I get back to make up for it.
- Not following the news and polls obsessively for that last week before the election. The last thing I need is a week-long panic attack leading up to the big day. I have no doubt in my mind that Obama is going to absolutely trounce McCain and Old Whatzzernameagain?** but it’ll be nice to have a forced break from the papers and blogs. Lets my blood cool down, ya know?And, this last one is what I’m most looking forward to while I’m gone:
- Blogathon on the 19 hour flight. Whoo! That is, if my battery lasts or there’s a charger at my seat.
I’ll be back before the sun comes up on Saturday the 1st, and there will be a massive uploading of multiple posts. Huzzah!
One last thing before I go pack my stuff. I wanted to give a quick shout out to the lastest Muslim apostate to leave a comment. Godissantaforadults is another Pakistani ex-Muslim girl (high five!), and I hope she’ll comment with her own experiences and deconversion story. Every time I get an email or comment from an ex-Muslim, it warms my little heart. Keep ’em coming!
* He’s pretty much the most awesome person ever. He made a ginormous bag of homemade beef jerky for my flights, because he knows how much I hate plane food. And he did my laundry. And he made me an extra cup of coffee today. And he cooked the most delicious pork loin last night.
** I can’t wait till she goes back up there to A-lass-kuh and we can all go back to not knowing who the fuck she is.